Monday, November 21, 2011

The Wisdom of Pres. WIlson..

I have recently started going to institute. I've gone the past two weeks with Kade, and I LOVE it. President Wilson punks everyone. All the time. It's hilarious. Last wednesday was about the spirit of the Law of the word of wisdom. You know- getting enough sleep, going to bed early & waking up early, & eating healthier.. Not just not drinking and smoking and drinking coffee..
So Kade is always getting on me about going to bed earlier, because I'm a night person, & he's SO not. lol. So I got punked real good by a few scriptures about "early to bed, early to rise." Kade kept nudging me, & I told him he can't tell me what to do, & he was like, "That's not me, that's Jesus!" lol. So anyway, this week we've been trying to wake up earlier & exercise more.. So far, I've only been successful on friday.. But such is life.. hah. We went & played soccer at 6am on Friday morning. It was FREEZING, but still fun. So anyway, we're trying to get better at it!
At church today, Pres Wilson taught Sunday School. He's seriously my favorite. He doesn't beat around the bush about anything! He challenged us to write down a list of the things we would like to be remembered for.. So here goes nothing!


1. I want to be remembered for always putting my family first.


2. I want to be remembered for having a home that is warm, that you can feel the love and that everyone always feels welcome.


3. I want to be remembered as someone that people can talk to for advice without being worried about judgements being passed.


4. I want to be remembered for having patience & dealing with stress with grace.


5. I want to be remembered as someone with a good sense of humor. Who can tell a joke as well as take one. :)


6. I want to be remembered as someone who is approachable.


7. I want to be remembered as someone that is an excellent friend.


This is all I have for now, but there's definitely more to be added later.


oh & here's a picture of me & the cutie that's been occupying my life for the past 2 weeks ;)
Kade... I kinda adore him (:

No comments:

Post a Comment