Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful, again :)

I've been super slacking. So here goes nothing..


1. I'm thankful for the BOM. I've been reading it nightly, because I've never read it all the way through (bad, I know) & it's crazy how much reading it helps. I don't remember the last time I was this happy with my life :)


2. I'm thankful for our Bishop. He's amazing. He is just the sweetest guy, & has such a strong testimony. I just adore him. I'm kinda sad to be moving because I don't really want to leave my ward!


3. FHE. I went on monday night, & even though I was late(stinkin' work), it was still so good to be there. Then I played wiffle ball with a bunch of people from the ward & it was SO much fun! :)


5. I am grateful for new friends. It's nice to be around people who are encouraging me to do the right things. It's nice to be around those who have been through what I'm going through & understand. It's hard to get back into church, but it's SO worth it. It's amazing the difference just doing the simplest things right can make!


6. Mama's advice. I found a few sayings my mom used to always tell me when I was little written in the back of my scriptures in my little kid handwriting. hah. The first is "It's none of your business what other people think about you." The second is "A good friend is someone who makes it easier to live the Gospel." & the last one is "If you're happy with yourself, & your relationship with God, what everyone else thinks doesn't matter." I used to care so much about what other people thought about me & their judgements of me based on my past mistakes, but now I'm realizing that if they're gonna judge me, they aren't worth my time anyway :) I'm working on myself, & my relationship with God, & so far so good :)


7. Institute. Last night's lesson was about Marriage & it was SO good. Brother & Sister Wilson are the cutest. The most important things I got out of the lesson were trying to work on yourself instead of trying to find the perfect person, and to start preparing yourself for an eternal marriage right now, because that's the reason we've been put on this Earth :) Oh and out of all the mistakes you make in your life, don't let this be one of them. Don't pick the wrong one! hahah.


8. Nice Cops. I am a really inattentive driver & rear ended someone today & it was all bad. The guy left because "he had work" and his car was barely scratched up, but mine is prettttyyyy messed up. I didn't get a ticket, (the cop said because I was honest with him about it being my fault) but I was still really shaken up. I was shaking a little, but fine until I talked to my mom. then I started crying. hah. but I need a new radiator, new headlights, & a new something else that sounds expensive, but Em's dad is gonna try & take care of it for me. I'm glad I was only a block away from his house, cause I would have been a lot more stressed if I was farther. Anyway, I'm glad I'm okay, & it definitely could have been worse, but I feel bad for my baby car :/

No comments:

Post a Comment